Friendly Sons Of St. Patrick – Hunterdon
P.O. Box 83 – Annandale, NJ 08801
501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation Federal tax ID # 26-2287642
State of New Jersey ID# 0400223641
We strive to promote and preserve Irish-American culture. We are equally proud of our Irish heritage and our American heritage. We serve our community through initiatives such as scholarships, volunteerism and charitable donations. We seek to establish and nurture camaraderie between our members. We are men of similar ideals, values and objectives.
We believe that integrity and excellence are at the core of everything we do. God, family and country are top priorities for all of us, both as individuals and as an organization. We believe that supporting our community is fundamental, and we believe that this support should come from individuals and private entities, first and foremost. We believe that respecting and embracing ones heritage is not only appropriate but essential to ones happiness. Our organization is nondenominational and apolitical.
Executive Committee Officer Positions for 2018-2019
- President Brian Manning
- Treasurer Don O’Keefe
- Secretary Steve Carrol
- First Vice President Bob Junge
- Second Vice President Gary White
- Assistant Treasurer Kevin Walsh
- Sergeant-at-Arms Tom Mallon
- Trustee Ken Carberry
Note – The following 2 positions will not be open until 2019, per the process amendment enacted last year:
- Trustee Pat Whalen (Carry Over thru 2018)
- Trustee Bill Wilson (Carry Over thru 2018)
As a charity we are asked where the money raised goes. The members of the FSSP pay yearly dues, monthly meeting costs, and work hard to ensure that the monies raised go straight to families in need. Over the last year we have given funds to cover:
* Much needed Car Repair for a local woman so she could transport herself for Chemo treatments.
* Funds to defer costs for a Student of North Hunterdon HS fighting Brain Cancer
* Winter Clothes for single father and 4 kids
* Heating Oil for single parent with 2 children. Had heat on 50 degrees for 4 months during a very harsh winter
* Four scholarships for NHHS seniors
* Security Deposit for Apartment for a single parent with child with Autism
* Supplied Handicap ramp for a disabled resident
* Refurbished kitchen for a shelter for abused women and their families
* Donated to other local charities and the good work they do
* Supplied manpower for shelter cleanup, Special Olympics and other charity events
We have a dedicated group of like-minded individuals seeking to help those in need right here in our backyard. You can be sure that any monies received with make a difference in someones life.